This supervisory letter provides interpretive guidance for MBL waivers subject to Part 723 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations. Part 723 establishes a framework to manage the overall risk associated with business lending. The risks associated with each business borrower are unique; therefore the rule allows for waivers of certain regulatory provisions in order to give credit unions the necessary flexibility to meet the needs of the members they serve.
Submitted by sevans on Tue, 12/02/2014 - 3:22pm
More like this
- Criteria and steps taken by NCUA evaluating MBL waivers under Part 723
- Refer to this table for a summary of waiver provisions
- NCUA provides a review of the new IRR rule at this website
- Real estate appraisal guidelines are in Part 722 of NCUA Rules and Regulations
- This cover letter relates where to find specific information on MBL waivers